- About us
- Creative Programs
- College Counseling
RECAP (Reach Educators, Children and Parent) program
The RECAP (Reach Educators, Children and Parent) program model represents a collaborative effort benefiting students, parents, teachers, administrators and the overall school community. It aims to make school-based mental health services an integral part of students' daily educational environment, utilizing psychologists and psychological tests as necessary components in fostering student achievement. The model is comprehensive and may be engaged at the following school system levels:
(1) the individual student level to assist students with learning, social, emotional and behavioral problems,
(2) the group and classroom level to build students strengths in areas of study habits and social and emotional development,
(3) consultation with school staff around issues of student behavior and learning difficulties,
(4) consultation with school milieu to increase knowledge and awareness of students social and emotional development and how difficulties can impact learning, and
(5) consultation with parents to provide information about how they can support students social, emotional, and behavioral development in order to maximize student learning.
Our mission is to facilitate each student’s personal/social, academic and career development through the psychologist’s delivery of guidance and counseling activities as well as through a collaborative effort between the home, school and community. The ultimate objective is to help students identify their interests and abilities and enhance productivity, dependability, self-expression and control, accurate decision-making, and conflict-resolution skills along with other competencies that will remediate student deficits, strengthen their unique capabilities, and enable them to become responsible citizens.
RECAP was developed in 1994 in USA and has been used in over twenty metropolitan schools. It is a combined social skills training program and classroom behavior management program that has demonstrated effectiveness in reducing children’s emotional and behavioral problems. In 2010, it was adapted to implement in 4 primary schools in Hanoi and Danang. In 2014-2015 school year, Olympia began cooperating with the Center for Research, Information and Service in Psychology (CRISP) and the Hanoi University of Education to implement the RECAP program in primary school starting at the classroom level. This will allow students to get used to classroom rules and begin the process towards eventual self-actualization.